Blessed Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

The Presentation Night and Dinner was very well-attended and Tom Powers told me it was a big increase over last year. So much so that a bit of management was required by Tom to ensure everyone had a seat (tables were added). It seemed everyone had a good time including the children.

I was a bit late for the Presentation and was outside talking when Dylan came to me and said my name was called. I was pleasantly surprised by the trophy, President's Award no less, it seems for services rendered for this blog etc. I was of course a bit chuffed. And hopefully will not the one and only chess trophy I get !?

This blog will be updated with date of AGM when I know it. But I will be away on hols and then to the Australian Championships beginning on 2nd January at Norths Chess Club at Norths Leagues Club. Drop in for a visit if you are not playing as there will be daily commentary by GM Ian Rogers. See here for schedule and details. Who will become the Australian Champion? My bet is on GM Zhao ZongYuan.

Thanks everyone and it has been my pleasure to keep the blog for an don behalf of the Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club Chess Club. Thanks to Les, Bill, Tom and Denis for a fantastic year and looking forward to another in 2010. (I think the club will resume sometime in middle of January.)

To all who read this, Blessed Christmas (if you celebrate) and Happy Holidays!!!

Comments

Popular Posts